Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dogs

It has been awhile since I have something free to write about. So maybe I will write about cats, guinea pigs, sibling, wait I know it.....I will talk about Dogs. The reason why I want to talk about dogs is because they are a easy subject to type about. I think you all can agree on that. Dogs are can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. Most of the time they are your best friend. Whenever I have dogs I always fall in love with them. I never like it when I see them go. So today I am going to type about one of my favorite dogs. I don't have favorites because I love them all but he is one of the best. His name was Zeke. I had gotten him when we first moved into our new home. He was a big rotreillar with a huge heart. He would never let you down. After about a year of having I had to have surgery to get my tonsils out because I was sick a lot. Once I was home Zeke was very careful around me and made sure that I would not get hurt. Whenever I would be lying down he would be right beside me keeping me warm. If he thought I was in any danger nobody could come near me until he felt that I was ok. Zeke had a nickname. It was Zekers, he also had a couple pals. Their names where Winston(Cat), and a dog name Baby. Baby was a Chahuahua . It was strange with the size difference. We had figured that Zeke would be to ruff but once Baby was home we dropped our concerns. Then we brought a cat into the family. We new that dogs and cats are known for not getting a long. So we had some concerns. But the same thing happened when we brought the cat home, all of our concerns were dropped. Zeke was in love with my grandfather. Every time he would come to visit Zeke would always freak out until my grandfather gave him attention. Zeke had a favorite toy. We had bought it at a pet store...It was a rabbit with a squeker that was broken. Zeke loved it. He was our little guard dog..so we thought. Whenever someone was at the door he would run upstairs to the balcony and have a really tough bark. But he was really just a sweet little dog that would only knock you down to lick you. That is what he had done to my best friends mom. That was really funny. Also if we played with the cat to much he would pick her up and go hide her so he could get attention. Then on the day of March 13, a Saturday I had woken up and gone downstairs to give my dog a hug and play with him. I knealed down on my knees and was petting him. Then all of a sudden he started growling at me really scary like. He was going to atack I knew it. I backed up from him and started slowly walking away. He got up and folled me. Pretty soon I was cornered and screaming for dear life. My mother was in the garage at this time and could not hear me. Everyone else was asleep. My mother heard me and rushed to my side. My father came rushing down to get my dog outside and away from me. It was our hope. I was rushed upstairs to get me calmed down and see if anything was wrong. Nothing was. During that time all I could think of was my dog and how I had to go see him. I rushed down stairs only to find out that even the slightest smell of me would set him off. He was perfectly fine with the rest of my family and so they knew it was something serious. We rushed him to the vet only to find out that he had had a stroke and had a tumor on the brain. I told my mother that he must have been saying help me please. I felt so bad. They got him on medicine so I could say my finale good byes and then they put him to sleep. We had him cremated with his favorite toy, the bunny. I miss him so much. About a month later when things were going back to normal we went and saw the lady who gave him to us. She had said that her dog had done the same thing and all it was was tick fever. How I wanted to scream. Later that year our best friends dog had tick fever but she had lived through it. I wish there was something I could have done. Now I wake up in the morning say hi to my dogs and look back at the past when Zeke was still alive. If only you could have known him. This post is dedicated to my dog ZEKE. Care free, helpful, funny Zeke. May you rest in peace Zeke! May you rest in peace. I hope that you all were touched by this story. I have taken many years to get over his passing and it is still taking me more years. Zeke was that kind of pet that you just can't forget. He was not only my best friend, he was my like my little brother I always wanted. I will always remember the day we got him. We had to get a collie but she did not like us. Zeke was in the back going crazy. My mom told the lady to let him out. So she did. My dad did not want Zeke but he ended up liking him. Zeke would play tag with us. Let us play rough with him and even let us ride him. He is something that you can't forget. My dad did not want Zeke as I had said but look who stayed downstairs that night when Zeke had lonely. After Zeke had died our family had changed. Zeke was the thing that held us all together. We will never be the same family that we were when Zeke was around. If I could get another dog like him I would in a heart beat. Thank the lord that Zeke was brought into our lives. HE sure was and still is a blessing. If you ask anyone where I lived they will all tell you the same thing. Zeke was a great dog and he will never be forgotten. I remember the day that Zeke died every night. It plays in my head like it was yesterday. I remember every single word that was said and the last wimper I heard from Zeke. Those words are for me to say. Looking at him in pictures and in videos in my mind. His little spotted tonge and his big brown eyes that you would fall for in a heart beat. He will never be forgotten. R.I.P. Zeke R.I.P.

1 comment: