Friday, March 27, 2009

Alaska

Well I might as well just put my blog as a random blog site. Because today I am not blogging about guinea pigs again. Today I am going to talk about Alaska. Well it is more like I am going to talk about polar bears from Alaska but you know what I mean. I was told from teacher to talk about Alaska because we just watched a movie on it. Polar Bears collect special interest from people because of their size, white coloring, and their position at the top of the food chain. WOW! Give it up for the polar bears. Polar Bears and Brown Bears have close ancestors and are still closely related as demonstrated in zoos. Polar Bears are close in size to brown bears too. Polar Bears are alone most of their life unless during mating season. This is different from different animals that will normally stay with their family their whole life until they die. The breeding season is in March, April, and May. After the females are pregnant they go out to find a den for thw winter so when the babys they can keep them warm and out of trouble. The babys will usually stay with their mother until about 28 months of age. The females will have a litter about every third year. Interesting isn't it. I sure think that it is.

I think that Polar Bears are really cool. They are fun to learn about and bery pretty. I don't think that they should go extinct because it would be waste of such a beautiful creature. So whoever reads this. Remember recycle and don't polute our earth. What would happen if their were very few people on earth because Polar Bears poluted the earth. Do you think that they would try to save us. I know they would so do a animal a favor and recycle and don't polute. Ride a bike or take a walk every once in awhile instead of taking your car. I think that you should see a polar yourself so here is a couple of pictures and a video. For one picture click HERE. For the next picure click HERE. Then for the video all you have to do is click HERE. Thank you and I hope you read my next post. But for now BBBYYYYEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment